Growing up too fast....

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just the Girlz



Sadie's on the right and Trista on the left.
7 months today and I have no idea where time is going. Time ticks away when your day is split into three hour increments. The girls are changing so much. They definitely know when "mommy has left the building" and are getting clingy. I can be gone for a few hours while Chris is taking care of them and if they see me they have a mini meltdown. Okay- so I love being loved or is it missed or is it "thats the lady that gives us warm milk" regardless they are so lovable.
They are noticing each other a lot more. They had a stare down contest the other day. Neither was giving in till I had a spoon full of Banana Plum Berry ready for the next mouth.
Today- we are making their first trip to the bank. I am opening up a Savings account with the money that they got from baby showers and family and friends. Altogether a whopping $800!Yes- these girls will know all about Dave Ramsey. 1.) Their first car will be from the AUCTION(no new cars off the lot girls) 2.)They will have to "work" for their allowance-we both did! Mom and dad thank you for allowing me to be so independent and for trusting me at a young age to handle my money, to make my own mistakes and for allowing me to make my own decisions. I LOVE YOU BOTH!
Growing up we all had checking accounts at a young age and were taught to handle it wisely. We had good work ethics instilled in us- heck I was cleaning houses around my neighborhood and driving to their house before I could legally drive or the time I sold gumballs in a baggie for 25 cents at the end of my street...by MYSELF. (mom I cant believe you let me do that) I'll never forget the day my brother(Jonathan) got a strange look when he handed the cashier a check.....he was 10 years old(Chris even remembers that)! When she didn't believe him he went to the bank the very next day and got a visa debit card and a identification card. Okay so a little bit down memory lane. Girls we know you will be such smart girls, we hope to allow you to make your own decisions, make your own mistakes, TRUST you but more importantly we want you think for yourselves rather than be told what to think!

3 comments:

Prentices said...

Love these pictures - so sweet!

And yes, I'll back you up there. Girls, your mommy and daddy are some of the busiest, hardest workers I know - lots of jobs (ah, TCBY) and entrepreneurial endeavors over the years. But they also know how to have a lot of fun with the rewards of that work!

Michael and Jess said...

This is SO funny, because I remember being so impressed that Jon had his own debit card when we were about 12 (broke it out at a Ruby Tuesday's, he did!). I'm sure the girls will be impressing their friends one day too with their financial saviness.

They are so cute- and getting so big! (and please don't click on our pic because I haven't updated in months!)

ST said...

yes...brilliant little minds in the works. cannot believe they're already 7 months! where has it gone? really enjoying watching them grow up...it's so much fun.

ok...not going to that thing this week...coming out to babysit tonight if you wanna get out for a few hours. lemme know. mmmwah!