Growing up too fast....

Sunday, October 25, 2015

HOME SWEET HOME


It only took 9.5 years to sell the ole lake shack.  Although I will say we did not need or  really want a bigger house we just wanted a different layout. The girls are getting older, we want them to be able to have their friends over and still be close to everything.We needed a rec. room.  We knew we wanted to stay in the same school district. Jack Anderson is the #1 public school in Sumner Co and is in the top 5% of best schools around, competing with Davidson and the magnet School Merral Hyde in Hendersonville.
Chris got his detached shop (which by the way is half the size of his other garage but he's going to have to make due with it for a bit)
This house came on the market at 8am. I just happen to be searching because I knew we were getting ready to get a contract on our house. There were no pictures up yet but I knew the area and have always loved this subdivision. It was a whopping 1.5 miles from the lake house so we wouldnt be moving far. I looked at it at 9am. Chris came back and looked at with me at 6pm and we wrote an offer at 7pm.  The second I opended the door I knew, this was the one! I had been looking for months. This market has been crazy busy with buyers but low inventory of homes for sale. Not to mention I had specifics that I wanted. I. Was. My. Worst. Client!  I wanted poss. a pool but not  a must, rec. room. master down, open floor plan, preferably an office, storage, detached workshop for chris, treed lot with fence, in JAE school zone, in our price range and not too many upgrades to do:).The house is about 18 years old and was very well maintained.
Our neighbors are great, its a very quiet neighborhood(mostly retirees) with about 4 families that also have kids that go to JAE so the girls have  kids to play with and ride bikes which is SOOOOO nice!
We didnt get to swim but it will be open and ready to go the first of April.
The girls have their own jack and jill bath and are upstairs all by themselves.
The move took two full days and many trips back and forth to get it all moved over.
We are on a little over half an acre and are 2 miles to Kroger marketplace:)
I still take the girls to school and their bus rise home is only 10 minutes longer than before. We are only 3.8 miles from the school.

We are elbow deep into painting right now. The entire house was browns and gold which are not our colors so we are painting the entire inside of the house. My OCD, gotta-get-things done personality painted 7 rooms in one weekend. Poor chris has lots of cutting in because this mamma only rolls!

I still wake up and think.....are we really here, is this really ours? We are loving it!
So, come visit us, we have plenty room!



No comments: