Growing up too fast....

Monday, September 17, 2012

Sweet Baby Parks Tucker

A post I thought I would never have to make. We got the call on Tuesday, Sept 11, 2012 at 5:30 pm from Angela. She stated between chocking back the tears that Parks had leukemia, ALL-- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) is a form of leukemia, or cancer of the white blood cells characterized by excess lymphoblasts. He was admitted to Cooks Children Hospital in Forth Worth immediately following some blood work done earlier that day. Angela knew that Parks was not acting like himself and she decided to take him in to the doctor. Once at the hospital, a blood transfusion was started right away which brought his color back and helped him feel better right away. Tomorrow is the 7 day mark when Jonathan and Angela received the news. Its been a long 7 days for me and I cant even imagine what its felt like for them. They have 102 treatments ahead of them, many blood transfusions, miles back and fort to the hospital over the next two years but Parks couldn't have gotten more committed, loving and strong parents as Jonathan and Angela. I've turned down people who've asked for donations, I had never given blood and the Leukemia flyer that would junk my mailbox would eventually make its way to the trash. It wasnt that I didnt care or that I was less compassionate of a person it was that it didnt hit close enough to home, it was never MY NEPHEW....until now! This isnt the first person I've seen fight cancer and it definitely wont be my last! This time and next time...I'll give a little or even a lot. All I can do is ask WHY? And as of right now there is no good answer for me other than bad things happen to good people and it just happened to Parks. I hope. Oh, how I hope I can look back at this post and think what a crazy ride its been for your mom and dad and ALL of us and now its over....you are a thriving, cancer free little Toddler running around chasing after fire flies, puppy dog tales and getting in to all kinds of mischeif...like any 3 year old should. Parks, you do have enough rolls to make a sumo wrestler squirm in his Mawashi. You have a smile/laugh that is infectious and you eat puffs so cute that I watched the video a dozen times in one day and laughed just as hard each time. I wake up thinking about you. And at night I feel guilty going to sleep with such ease. I'd take that yucky medicine for you if I could. Wednesday is a big day, buddy. We are pulling for you. Hoping that the chemo doesnt make you too sick and that it gives that stupid thing cancer a swift kick in the you know where. LOVE YOU PARKS!!

1 comment:

sewa mobil jakarta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.