Growing up too fast....

Monday, January 24, 2011

Some random pics

Snow day sledding with Erica, Preston and Erin down Kroger's hill


Savannah in the middle
Trista and mom taking a nap after church. I've never been able to get her to lay down like this and just fall asleep but Juju seemed to have magical powers.
Before I could even say "hi" the voice on the other end of the phone blurted out, "I've got the blog up and am looking at the girls now." I responded with, "I haven't put any new pictures up since you last looked." in which mom replied, "Oh I just like to go on there everyday to see them"
Mom- thank you for being so lovingly obsessed with the girls.
The girls are not very good nappers. I say that cautiously because since I've put them down for their afternoon nap today I have been able to do a load of laundry, make a lentil roast, pick up the toys, let the dog out, vacuum, listened to a podcast on NPR and am now sitting her typing in a quiet house. They are usually in their beds for two hours regardless if they sleep or not. The first hour they just jabber and holler out in their rooms as if they are talking mores code between the walls and the last hour they actually nap. A few months ago(22months) we separated them and we think it has worked out much better. Their rails are off but their beds are butted up against the wall and have homemade stoppers(rubber shoes) on one end of each leg to prevent them from getting out. I've realized I have to pick my battles and I've decided that this is one I don't want to fight. Interestingly enough they have figured out that with a little leg power they can push against the wall and scoot the crib across the floor making a gap big enough for them to get out(hardwood in the bedrooms is a PAIN)but yet they wont come out of their room and they clearly know how to turn the knob. Good kids? Maybe not so bright kids, hmmm? I like to think of the first option:)

1 comment:

merryheathre said...

That is so cute! I love to think of them jabbering through the walls!