Growing up too fast....

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Dad comes for a visit





Hats off to mom and Lara for the 24 hour unfailing love and caring for dad...we only had him three days and I was exhausted. Stephen came out Friday night to help with Showers and such. Mom went for a nice weekend to Gatlinburg to spend with friends from her Alumni class and we kept dad with us. I learned how to give my first insulin shot. I just kept telling myself "15 units tall, sliding scale small" if I got it switched around we would of killed him.....literally. Big responsiblity and thats why I'm glad Lara is the nurse(worlds greatest nurse ever by the way) and not me. Anyway we had a nice weekend Saturday came and went which was good since it was the year mark from when he had his stroke and really the last time we communicated with him. Dad I enjoyed our "story hour" by the lake as I read a book on Dolphins,whales, lions and Tigers while we you nibbled on walnuts and apples with almond butter. Dad loved having the girls crawl all over his feet. He especially got tickled when one would "toot" and look around to see where that noise came from. Love you dad- you come anytime.:)

2 comments:

Prentice family said...

Amber all these pictures are precious! The girls in their matching outfits are so sweet, and they're just getting so big! Great shot of your dad too. Your family is amazing!

judythurm5 said...

Amber,
They are precious and adorable. Sooooo cute in their Daisy outfits.
They seemed to ahve grown so much since we last saw them. Can't wait for you to come for tG.
Love to all,
JuJu