Growing up too fast....

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ready or Not.....Monday is the day!

My last ultrasound was yesterday. Baby A weighs 6 lbs 7oz and Baby B weighs 7lbs 2 ounces! They are both fighting for first place but so far Sadie(baby A) is still the closest to enter the world first. I go in Monday 6 AM for induction....which is already deviating from my organized (typed out) birth plan for the nurses:) I got to thinking though that I have so much to be thankful for. They are a good size and I doubted myself at times whether I would make it 38 weeks anyway. With both babies head down more of the weigh is in my lower half and has made walking even more difficult...lots of pressure on my cervix-which does not feel good. I actually am sleeping okay and other than my right hand having some numbness and a few pinched nerves down my legs I FEEL GREAT!;)
Hope the next pictures you see will be our Christmas bundles in their stockings!

8 comments:

Rashel said...

Amber, the joke in Labor & Delivery is . . . a detailed birth plan usually means C-Section!! So, just go in planning to go with the flow. Get an epidural because Pitocin will make the contractions hurt worse. You don't have to be a hero and go natural. I am so excited you have made it this far and the babies weigh so much!! That means no NICU for you!! I wish with all my heart I could be your Labor & Delivery nurse. It would be so fun!! You are in my prayers and I wish you a fast & happy labor!!

Love you guys,
Rashel :)

amy said...

Funny, I had a detailed birth plan and a C-section. . . I got the distinct feeling NOBODY actually read the birth plan. . . Oh well. . . :)

I am so glad the girls are so big and healthy! YAY!

You're going to be great, Amber! I love you so much! Your little girls are going to be just perfect!

xoxo

Carissa J said...

Good luck Amber! I'm excited for you!

Matthew and Jenny said...

So happy for you guys, all I can say is go with the flow, it is not always what you plan for but the end result is wonderful! You will be great. Chris just hold her hand and don't try to be right no matter what crazy thing she tells you. When in the hospital she gets to have the final say on EVERYTHING she earned it :) Can't wait to see them. Love Jenny and Matthew

Lara said...

Sister
You look great. I am so proud of you. You make it look easy. I don't see any pictures in the lovely "lounge" outfit. We are going to have a burning ceramony-- after you don't need them anymore.
Every time the phone rings my heart skips a beat. Waiting anxiously. Tomorrow at work I will give a daily cervial update. People I hardly know ask!!! You are loved lots. Larce

Lara said...

Cervical

ST said...

c'mon already...geeeez! can't wait! these kiddos are going to be so much fun! you've done amazing and sadie and trista are going to be incredible. can't wait to be uncle steve. love you, lil' sis. mmmmmmwah!

Audrey said...

hooray! can't wait to see pictures. way to go, mommy. you're a trooper.

i don't know if kristen told you but we're expecting #3 in july. our lives will drastically change (again, it changes each time, ha) with 3 babies 3 and under.